Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Budgeting for Kid Clothes

How much should I be budgeting for kid clothes? 
For the Month? Year? Per kid?

Shoes
Socks
Shirts
Jackets
Coats
Pants
Shorts
Church clothes

All of these add up pretty quickly. And for having more than one child, that adds up to!  I could attach a figure to the "budget" but, everyone has their OWN budget.
All I know is that I like to save my pennies and make them S T R E T C H. :)

*TIDBIT- I buy during the SALES at the end of the season. so RIGHT NOW!!!!
I always buy a year ahead. If your child is three years old this season, buy four year old clothing for next season. My girls are pretty petite so I can get away with getting a year ahead clothing. My boys are a little bit bigger, so I buy a little bit bigger sizes. I do however have my older children get the "newer" clothes because their siblings get the "hand me downs". Well, I do buy some newbie clothes when I get the "dollar deals". (those are the BEST!)

My favorite places to SHOP for the best sales:

Old Navy
Target
Walmart
Ross
Kohls

No comments:

Post a Comment